Saturday, March 21, 2009

MOON IN AQUARIUS (& the 6th House)

MOON IN AQUARIUS

Enters Saturday March 21st
6:06 am (EDT)

Exits Monday March 23rd
4:08 pm (EDT) (When it moves into Pisces)

Looks like an Aquarian mood on tap for the weekend!



What does the hungry Moon want when it's in the sign of Aquarius? What are the emotional needs of the moody Moon in Aquarius? What does the Aquarian Moon need to feel happy and secure?

Aquarius energy doesn't desire wisdom or safety necessarily--this energy seeks freedom and must not conform, not at any cost. Aquarian energy takes orders from no one and seeks, above all else, individuality.

Like Steve Forrest says, "Aquarius and conformity mix about as well as peace and nuclear warheads!"

When the Moon is in this sign, we're liable to say what we see (and feel), regardless of the consequences, especially if it involves protecting our autonomy. And if that involves some sort of temporary exile, so be it. Aquarius is the truth sayer and revolutionist in us all and expresses itself in uncompromising ways. Aquarian energy does not compromise--no deals, especially if involves conforming to the expectations of society/culture, and even more especially if involves betraying one's own personal identity.

Freedom at all costs is the name of the game and if it causes hurt or broken hearts, so be it--that's the mood of the Aquarian Moon.

We may find that we think in different ways when the Moon is in Aquarius and we're all the more apt to defend what we believe is truth. If the perceptions are valid, fine. But sometimes there can be a stubbornness that is not only unwarranted but is excessively eccentric and ridiculously rebellious.

When the Moon is in Aquarius, people may come off to others as being cold or indifferent. But it's probably just a mood prompted by the sensitivity toward maintaining a sense of freedom and individuality. Unless we're with a group of like-minded individuals who see the world the way we do.

Aquarius rules (is the natural ruler of) the 11th house of community and friends... it is also associated with hopes and dreams (goals). The 11th is about aspirations that give meaning to daily life and it's also about connecting with people of like-mind. Some of those themes could come into play when the Moon is in Aquarius. Sort of like hungry to be with people who support our dreams and aspirations--this will satisfy the emotional needs of the hungry Aquarian Moon.

How to work in harmony with the Aquarian Moon? Be aware of how other's may be sensitive to maintaining their sense of freedom and individuality. Give your partner or family their space if they need it. And take space for yourself too if necessary--and don't feel bad about it. You may not feel like conforming to the expectations of the clan. Know that any rebellious or eccentric behavior (on your part or others) is likely to be temporary, through Monday. Hang out with like minded friends and work on your dreams and aspirations--the Moon will help you out with all that! These are just a few thoughts... maybe you can think of more.

Also, Aquarius (ruled by Uranus) is associated with the subconscious mind. Since currently the Moon is conjunct the North Node of the Moon as well, look for impulses, ideas, inspirations about the future (North Node=future) from the Soul via the subconscious to come bubbling up to the surface of the conscious mind--flashes of insight. Lots of original ideas can result from the current Mercury/Uranus conjunction too. Over the weenend, the Moon will make the conjunction with and cross over Jupiter (right brain), Chiron and Neptune! So, lots of opportunity to let the emotions unite with various levels of mind for greater awareness.

Personal Observations

My Aquarian Moon is going to be moving through my 6th house of skill, competence and service.
What house is your Aquarian Moon in? That depends on where the sign is in your natal chart.
Anyway, I will add to this post later.... after I've had time to observe how the Aquarian Moon affects me over the weekend and on Monday. Until now, I've been posting the how the Moon's affect me after the fact. But I sent out an email to folks about Moon reports, like weather reports, suggesting they check the blog. What good does the weather report do you after the storm has passed? So I'm posting about Aquarius before I've observed it in my own life and will add to this post later.

So..... more later!

Here it is later. And here's how I believe the Aquarian Moon affected me this past weekend. I rebelled (Aquarius) against myself... or better said, against my own practical, conservatism!
A part of me said, Damn the torpedoes! (Well, not exactly, but you get the idea.)
I made a few decisions, after a few arguments with my conservative side, and Aquarius won! And these were decisions based on emotion! And actually were sort of anti-society in a round about way. Anyway, I'm actually glad I made those decisions... I will deal with the repercussions later. ha ha But I don't think that I'd have made those decisions without the Aquarian Moon helping me out. There was definitely rebellion afoot this past weekend! I don't care what the economy is doing or the rest of society.... "I reject that reality and substitute my own!" That was IT in a nutshell.

Joy