Saturday, March 21, 2009

Capricorn Moon (& the 5th House)

MOON IN CAPRICORN



Enters Cap Wednesday 3-18-09 5:18 pm (EDT)

Exits Cap Saturday 3-21-09 6:29 am (EDT)
(When Moon moves into Aquarius)

The Capricorn Moon. The "hungry" Moon in Capricorn is hungry for order, stability, groundedness -- it's an Earth sign, ruled by Saturn. Your know the archetype of Saturn... work! Capricorn, the goat, the hermit, the Father. Tenacity, ambition, materialistic--all that is the Capricorn archetype. Toss in worldly power via the association with the 10th house which it rules.

The end point for a Capricorn Moon is emotional stability.... that's what feeds the hunger and the Cap moon wants to be fed accomplished goals!

Capricorn is also about the merging of one's public identity with one's nature--so in that case, there's integrity with a pure Capricorn expression.

I think of the Hermit card in tarot, often times associated with Capricorn--master of solitude. Capricorn energy doesn't "mind" love--being loved or loving others. Capricorn just doesn't like having to "need" another person in that way. Self-sufficiency; that's the idea with this energy.

But we're talking about the Moon; the emotional hunger. And the Moon is waning crescent... a withdrawn type of energy. Inner solitude in a way that's practical--go for a walk alone, work on a project alone.

My Personal Observations

My Capricorn Moon hungers to just BE ME... and not care how I appear to others. And even today, right now, not caring if this post is pleasing to you, the reader. Yeah, that's what I am hungry for emotionally... to just move forward in life with my own self respect and express my personal values, interests and whims in whatever way they're called to express!

Order... that's another expression of today's Moon in Cap. Probably an irrelevant and ridiculous example, but today I operated on my vacuum cleaners... changed the bags and belts. Something I'd been putting off. Capricorn's actual behavior reflects intentions more than emotions.

Don't get emotional--DO something! That's how Capricorn handles emotion. Find some way to restore order and you'll feel better, happier! Capricorn likes action--I cleaned my house for quite an extended period today.

And since the Moon's been in Capricorn, I'm back to being discliplined in my astrology study--tearing apart and reassembling with new understanding the next set of charts! If there was any emotion about it, it was more like I just described... take action! Make a commitment, renew your vow! That's Capricorn in a nutshell; that last line.

It's in a different house for everyone, or at least one of the 12 houses. My Capricorn is the 5th house, this means that my Moon is going through my 5th house. What house is your Capricorn Moon in? The answer involves where Capricorn is located in your birth chart. Anyway, mine's in the 5th -- the house of creativity and self-expression, ruled by Leo. (I've been doing alot of work on my website which would correlate as well.)

"Okay, there is X amount of material and charts and X amount of days, do the math and get started! AND you still have about 8 web pages that need to be redsigned, so if you do one page a day in about a week...." -- that's my Capricorn Moon expressing.

AND, the greater point is that this is what I'm telling myself is going to solve all my problems; anything emotional that comes up, the answer (according to my Capricorn Moon), is to re-commit to areas of work--housework, astrology work, and yard work. My Capricorn Moon even has me convinced that in order to be happy and content, all I need to do is redesign my patio. Which mentally I've done! ha! I've created it in my mind, even if I can't do it materially right now--but I've put a new outdoor rug out and potted evergreens and hanging baskets of flowers (even though its too early in the season). And I did it all in my mind! It's made my Capricorn Moon very happy--satisfied me emotionally. It was mental creativity--that's my 5th house adding its flavor to the Moon.

How has the Capricorn Moon affected your mood Thursday and Friday of this week?

By the way, it's the first day of Spring today! Happy Spring!

Joy